Our Mission is to teach music in a way that develops the innate musicality in each student and inspires participation for a lifetime based on the following principles:
- The capacity for understanding and creating music is in everyone.
- Music provides a lifelong source of enjoyment, self-expression, and opportunity for growth
- Musical expression is achieved through phrasing and tone, to which end a well-balanced curriculum incorporating carefully selected, graded repertoire, technique, theory and historical background is essential
- The student is best served when teaching is responsive to intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development
- The teacher is critically important, and is most able to realize these principles when open to continued learning through ongoing professional development.